Animal Crossing: New Update Beautiful and good, I have long written down New Horizons

Animal Crossing: New Horizons has such problems. And so I not only mean the tough update policy of the last months. For me, that already begins with the game structure and the nice presentation.

What was initially balm for the soul, in the end has even been developed for a dislike. This may also be due to the pandemic and work, but does not change the fact that I have long since written down the game on my switch - return.

Annika Bavendiek @ annika908

New Horizons for Annika was the first Animal Crossing game at all. It has found a pleasant compensation in the hard lockdown phase of the pandemic, which has spent over a year. She filled the museum, heralded with residents, has been opened online and has especially decorated the island. But here, too, the fun had an end at some point. Nonetheless, she likes to continue working with the topic and thus pursues the development of the game - if like to shake hands.

More work as pleasure

Animal Crossing is what we do. After my collections in the museum but at some point were well filled, I did not know anything to start with me until I was looking for a new motivation: the transformation of my island. Reddit & Co. provide more than enough inspiration, which is why I had sparked countless images (as of queenfufu ) and videos with greatly decorated islands that I wanted to implement themselves or similar themselves.

Stupid only that the island does not give much space. In addition, I was usually never really satisfied with my implementation or was already bored after a few days because I had discovered something else. Ultimately, however, I saw more and more caught in a circulation of transformation and dissatisfaction that made in even greater work than the museum collections. At some point, then the point had come here, where I had worn everything.

Too much peace, joy, egg cake

Even if I could motivate myself for animal crossing for Animal Crossing through the circulation, nothing changes at the style of the game. The decelerating life simulation makes only cute characters, nice dialogues and relaxed moments. On my island I could really dangle the soul. Especially in Lockdown it was a sanctuary for me, where I was not bombarded by bad news.

As much as I liked that at the beginning Animal Crossing, so the bolt image annoyed me more and more. This feel good philosophy is wanted, but then I need a counterpole in between, which earth meets me. We get negative emotions, destruction, etc. Although planned somewhere else, but in my here within the ACNH cosmos. For example, my inhabitants would have been quietly stricter to me if I do not look for a long time. But without such a compensation, everything seemed open with time only.

A pure purpose

That my islanders with their always ask me and always went on the nerves with their hands and always sunny minds, has another reason. How just mentioned New Horizons was my heartwarming Lockdown refuge and thus fulfilled a particular purpose for me. But right here lies the sticking point.

For this relationship was not based on emotions towards the game or franchise, but was just what I needed at that moment for a certain period of time. And as is the case for purposes of purposes, the topic will eventually be done and everyday life is tough, if not exhausting. All the more the Lockdown situation relaxed, the unimportant was Animal Crossing for me and my soul healing.

A game has to find an end

Granted, I still held over a year with Animal Crossing. And yet I find that a game should come to an end faster. This not only gives me a better sense of success, but lets me stack more time for other games that stack with me in the backlog.

Although ACNH offers an end in a sense - at least run after the debting of the debts the credits over the screen - but the game is designed directly on long-term motivation with its update policy.

Although the long-term is still pursuing Nintendo theoretically, as we have seen on the Direct, practically the motivation has lost me completely completely after a year had passed, so in March 2021. I had witnessed every season once and once my island redecorated several times. And I did not want to work or wait for more recipes and seasonal items, but I m just too bad for my time. Let me believe that I already felt enough for a vacancy.

The annoying waiting for new content

And last, not to forget: the update policy of Nintendo. After meeting the passionate nature of the ACNH community in the social media, it does not surprise me that the players did not have a good hair at Nintendo because they finally want to have the new updates that they in front of a perceived Eternity promised .

Although there was a sign of life on the Nintendo Direct by announcing a special Animal Crossing Direct, but while all animal look forward to it, it could not be more equal to me.

Nintendo has simply spanned the bow with the updates for me. Not only because of the now comparatively long waiting time and bad communication, but also, because now it is now easy to recycle events like Mai-celebration. The power on the one hand quite sense, after all holidays are also repeated every year, on the other hand I really satisfied myself. In addition, Kofi s Café does not really appeal to me, as I do not feel like a gap as a AC-fresher. What is not really know, I do not miss so much either.

Despite everything, I would like to miss my initial time in Animal Crossing: New Horizons do not miss. But I do not work properly. Nevertheless, I will continue to pursue more private as well as for the work, which nintendo the Animal Crossing community in the coming months. I m just too curious and because I do not have to worry about the updates even in the game, I can watch the sideline relaxed.

Comments